Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Echo has had to be inside a lot this winter(normally she's outside except at night) so I've started giving her a kong to keep her occupied because she's going crazy cooped up. She's having some throat issues as well, so she can't be walked or taken to the barn with me(aka she's driving me mad).

My roommate has a food cube that she's learning how to play with, so I'm wanting to get her a treat ball and a puzzle toy or two. What are your favorites that actually work well, are durable(she's a power chewer) but not insanely difficult? I've been looking at the starmark treat ball, it seems to have great reviews. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Sawyer loves the Omega paw tricky treat ball. I use it a lot for meal time, usually the less peices of food the harder it is to get out. It holds about 3/4ths a cup of food pretty easy (the large). Sawyers a heavy chewer too so I don't really let him chew it (I usually put it away when he's done) as its not a thick/heavy material but its held up well for the amount of chewing he has done. I would suggest it more for a good supervised one.
I also like the kong wobbler. My sister just gave me hers so I don't have much experience with it, but Maye like it so far. Its more of a plasticy material and can be put in the dish washer, (This is in terms of the biggest size). Its lasted play with her horse and one of her dogs.

Reactions: Cynna

·
Banned
6,281 Posts
Buster cube is the best. Busy ball, mushroom toy, kong wobbler, pyramid toy, busy treats, tug a jug, IQ ball..and then the various puzzles. We typically don't do puzzles because they aren't big enough for Koda to not destroy them for the price but I have been looking into making her a similar one.

Don't forget games like 'find it' where you can hide kibble like an easter egg hunt.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
This is Zody's favorite Starmark Treat Dispensing Bob-a-Lot Dog Toy, Large We had the Kong Wobbler but he emptied it way to fast. The Starmark has two compartments and little doors on the holes to it can be adjusted to slow how fast the food comes out. The drawback is that it cannot be well cleaned like the Kong can since the bottom compartment cannot be opened.

I also have a couple of the Nina Ottoson puzzles, but if the dog is a chewer they have to be used with supervision. This one Zody seems to enjoy most Nina Ottosson DogTornado Plastic Interactive Dog Toy. This is the other one we have Nina Ottosson Dog Miracle Puzzle Plastic Interactive Dog Toy It doesn't seem to present as much of a challenge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.