Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just recently got my boy from my mum. As it's her dog which she can't keep for reasons. It knows me so he's doing ok here for his first day.

I'm just wondering because he's lay in his bed. His chest is moving up and down pretty fast. He's not upset I don't think, because when I go over to him he gets up and all excited lets me play with him.

What could be the cause, is there a cause for concern here or is he just missing his previous owner?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Fast and shallow breathing is heat, stress or pain. Unless you have reason to believe he's sick or injured, I'd assume he's just a bit stressed out, poor guy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fast and shallow breathing is heat, stress or pain. Unless you have reason to believe he's sick or injured, I'd assume he's just a bit stressed out, poor guy.
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing it's the stress of moving. He used to be a sheep dog but he was useless at it lol. He then lived with my mum for a year or two but for uncontrollable reasons he had to move with me. Which will be forever I can assure that :)

I'll monitor him over the next few days to see if he is looking better.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing it's the stress of moving. He used to be a sheep dog but he was useless at it lol. He then lived with my mum for a year or two but for uncontrollable reasons he had to move with me. Which will be forever I can assure that :)

I'll monitor him over the next few days to see if he is looking better.
My dog is supposed to be half border collie, but if he has any herding instincts, I've never seen them, lol.

Any change can be stressful to dogs, even good change. Just take it slow, stay positive and try to set up a nice routine for him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forums, by the way. Hope your dog feels better soon. Can we get pics?
Thank you for the friendly introduction and your interest.

Here are a few images of Blue, he gets his name because one of his eyes are blue and the other is brown :thumbsup:

·
Registered
904 Posts
He's beautiful. :) How was he useless as a sheep dog? Didn't herd? Didn't guard? Chased them? Just curious. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts