Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time here. But I have spent a lot of time in the horse forum, which is how I ended up here.

Anyway, I have a 4 yr old Boxer who is going through a false Pregnancy. Does anyone know of anything that I can give her to just take the anxiety away. I have read alot but all I keep reading is the same thing. It will go away. This and that. So if any of you have dealt with this before I would like your input. She has had a litter of pups but it's been 2 years. We have not fixed her because we want to have another litter, I'm just not ready at this time because we are remodeling our house.

Actually I don't want to have another litter at all, it's the other half that is insisting on doing just one more. I'll want to keep em, but I don't have enough space to have more dogs, three is good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have dealt with it but have no magic for you. It will go away. Was she anxious when she was really pregnant? Mine had all the signs of pregnancy, but anxiety was not a problem. You could try Rescue Remedy or a cool cup of chamomile tea :).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She did have a little, but only the morning that she ended up having the pups. I feel so bad. I told my bf (it's his dog) that he needs to fix her and it's not worth a litter of puppies....I think he's feeling bad. I hope.

I will try the tea, And look in to rescue remedy, but I know I'll have to probably order it online.

Thanks for the input! I was thinking of giving her some mare magic like I give my moms horse, but I don't know how to get her to take it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts