Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quite frustrated. I wish i could enjoy walks much more with Sophie, but here there are plenty of stray dogs, most of them peaceful, but some agressive that walk around in packs.

When i walk little Sophie i have to set up a route so there are less chance of us meeting them or i have to change the direction when i hear barking nearby. About 2 weeks ago, one of these packs started barking at us even if i already saw it and decided to change the direction so as not to get into their territory. Luckily, no one was hurt and as soon as i was out of their place with her in my arms, they gave up.

Do you have any ideas on how to cope with this situation? I can't get out of town because the outskirts are even more crammed with strays (potentially more wild ones). I wish taking her to walks could be a pleasure, but for the time being i only can wait for going to the countryhouse during the summer so she can roam around free.

What could i do to exercise her more? We have an apartement, not quite big, but not small either so we play fetch in the hallway until she's panting and after that she goes to sleep willingly. Also, we go up and down 120 stairs and this tires her out as well.
Any other exercise ideas? Since her walks are not that long (about 15-30 minutes depending on the weather/ our "encounters") i have to burn off some energy inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts