Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm new to this website, but I'm feeling very frustrated. I'm more so looking for some success stories, because I've tried just about everything and I would love to hear of others who tried everything and it eventually just worked. My dog is a five year old black lab, she's been with me for about three months. She has a history of abuse and had two previous families before me. I adore this dog. She's being trained as a therapy dog and is so laid back and calm when I'm in the house. However, when I'm gone she howls and barks and cries the entire time. She has broken out of and destroyed three different crates, as well as scratched and ate at my door frame. I now have plexiglass over the door and we no longer use a crate. She has clamicalm and we've tried: obedience school, an animal behaviorist, rescue remedy, multiple different calming treatments, the thunder vest, no spray, a muzzle, and anti-bark spray collar that doesn't work because she has too much neck skin. Despite never being alone for more than 4 hours, she can't handle it. My roommate is frustrated, my friends are frustrated when they have to babysit, I'm shelling out tons of money for doggy-day care on days my roommate is off, and I'm panicking about what to do when I travel in a year for two months.

I'm just exhausted. I love this dog, and I'm not giving her up, I just need some support from people who successfully handled this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts