Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first post on here (YAY) and im looking forward to cruisin around and learning some new things about dog ownership and how to make their lives better overall... our family has 2 Cockapoos (Rosie, velvety black, 10 y/o and Molly, apricot blonde, 6 y/o) along with our boy Bubba the Bichoodle who is 14 y/o.

Now, apart from Bubba crying incessantly whenever momma leaves for more than 1/2 second... or Rosie trying to steal your food with her demonic stare, we dont have any real issues to speak of! Lol all 3 dogs are definitely beggars at times, but they have been trained that way by daddy (NEVER gona stop, sadly) but thats another story.

The question i have is this... and bear in mind that i have google/bing'd many different keyword combos searching for answers already, to no avail... Our little Molly is A BONA FIDE CRACK HEAD. And i say this quite literally.

She will, with or w/out people around, stick her WHOLE FACE in between cushions of the sofa, chair, wherever the crack is deep enough, and lick inside like theres a pound of bacon in there. She will go back to it within a minute if you tell her to stop, like she was never told to. I have read that licking the sofa can be interpreted as OC-type action, and maybe it is... or maybe it just feels good (probably all it is) but she is not OC in any other regard at all, and is extremely smart, docile, loving, and obedient, with more character than any dog ive ever been in contact with.

It is by no means a harmful habit, but quite the contrary, i think its one of the weirdest/cutest things ive seen, and if you're not accustomed to it, its quite hilarious to see, and ill post pics as soon as i see her do it next.

Ever see or hear about any little furry friends doin this??! ????

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome! I've never heard of that at all but I'm glad its not a concern. LOL Our pets do odd things, don't they?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Some dogs love having their faces rubbed... I am guessing that by accident she has associated licking with that rubbing action. On top of that, toy poodles can be a wee bit neurotic and prone to obsession. As for cockapoos, well, there are no regulatory clubs, associations or breed standards encouraging breeders to keep physical or behavioral issues out of their line. As long as they sell those puppies they are home free. Sounds quite harmless, so just let her be the entertaining little thing she is and be happy she doesn't have a more detrimental obsession :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
aww momma! they are too adorable. and I have also never before seen/ met a dog that does this. hee hee. I agree with everyone above, it seems harmless and just to be her little thing. You must try catch her on video for us :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.