Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Dog has had a large nipple for about 5 years now but it has been getting bigger and bigger.

At first I thought it was just that she had a bigger nipple and I wasn't sure but i realize that it has been getting bigger.

I don't have money for a vet and I will do what I can to get her to one but for now please help me and give a diagnosis if you can.

She's my Dad's dog and someone suggested we should use thread to separate the lump with a knot and make the knot smaller periodically until the lump falls off, but to me this sounds dumb and this person is not very knowledgeable. However, Any truth to this?

If it has to be removed, is it a difficult procedure for a vet?

Please provide some insight.

Thank you so much

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would get that checked by a vet. I know you mentioned you cannot do this, but seeing a nipple growing abnormal cannot be diagnosed via internet. If it was a skin tag, ok, maybe you can get by without getting a vet to check it out, but an abnormal growing part....

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Have to agree with @timber. We can not diagnose these things, only a qualified Vet can. Apply for Care Credit for her, pay over time. But please do get it checked out.

·
Banned
422 Posts
well my neighbor did this with their pug she had a HUGE tumor on her chest bigger then a human fist they put a rubberband around it and in a few week's it fell off and she is perfectly fine, but I don't recommend just anyone doing this

·
Registered
615 Posts
No one can give a diagnosis over the internet, even if you just call your vet and maybe email them the pictures, they can at least tell you what they think you should do.

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
She needs to be checked by a vet. If she is not spayed, or was not spayed until she was older, it could be a mammary tumor or cancer.

Trying to remove it yourself could very well take what my be a simple procedure and turn it into a fight for your dogs life. There is way to much that could potentially go wrong. If you would not try to do it to yourself, or a human loved one, then you should not try to do it to your dog.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Usually lumps ON the nipple like that are nothing to worry about, though they could increase the likelihood of nipple trauma (get caught on something). Your puppy does not look like she's spayed, and these nipple problems tend to be far more common in unsprayed females. I see no obvious signs of mammary tumors, but am concerned about the possibility… could decrease the chances a bit by getting her spayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts