7,832 Posts
No.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Yeah, not funny. I agree with Blue, kinda weird.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
I'm interested in hearing what you have to say if SH is fine with it ;)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I would love to hear too, if SH agrees :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Well that depends on whether you know what your looking for, I for one don't really know anything about English Bulldogs so I wouldn't have any idea what I am looking for and I wouldn't want to search for hours to find answers if I can get some straight from the source so to speak. :)

But I completely understand not wanting to start a debate, nobody likes and argument which debates usually lead to. ;)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Not nice for vet bills?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

NO debate here, I know humans have genetically bred some animals to a point of non existence without our help. Them having health issues just increases my desire to take them in and do what I can for them. I had a chance to give Missy back to the ASPCA when she came down with Parvo, but I spent almost 8 grand on her total to get her well. It was the best 8 grand I have spent in a long time.

I guess it is like the debate of not buying birds, puppies, kittens, etc. from pet stores. I personally feel that the ones in pet stores are the ones that truly need a home because they are the ones that are in a situation that needs to be helped. I can't sit by and see an animal suffer like many others that argue with me that the end justifies the means.

IMO boycotting is not the way to solve a problem, Education is.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
sorry, I didn't mean it like that...like hey dummy heres a link...I meant it more like, its a big well known problem. English bulldogs are well known for being...well...no nice way to say it..
lol, it's okay. I just wanted to point out I really didn't know what you were talking about, although I do have to admit the only thing I've ever heard about EB's is that they have a lot of health problems but I always thought okay, but what breed doesn't. ;)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Sh. Im confused. Pet store animals arent about to be put down and buying them encourages the production of more...

Education doesnt seem to stop people. Often They know their EB is miserable and often dont care and would go get another one if they could

Esme, if you look at chis. Just for an example. Their list is 4 things long. :)

Like i said. I dont want to debate really. I just dont believe making more of this breed. Its an extremist view and i know it. And i give it about ten more posts before som' EB owner shows up and starts in on me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Sh. Im confused. Pet store animals arent about to be put down and buying them encourages the production of more...

Education doesnt seem to stop people. Often They know their EB is miserable and often dont care and would go get another one if they could

Esme, if you look at chis. Just for an example. Their list is 4 things long. :)

Like i said. I dont want to debate really. I just dont believe making more of this breed. Its an extremist view and i know it. And i give it about ten more posts before som' EB owner shows up and starts in on me.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree, now that I actually did have a look around their potential health issues are many more than other breeds, that's just what I thought before. I think I'm doing a bad job of explaining what I'm trying to "say" today.. :eek:

I also agree that buying puppies from the pet store only encourages more sales and more puppy mills since they are still making money. It is terrible and extremely saddening but true. :(

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

If I had enough land and money I would save them all. Education has helped with many thing. 10-20 years ago it was common for outside dogs with no shelter, crap food, etc. As far as the breeding goes, I still think the breed standard that people and particular organizations keep these animals where they are. If you want change over night, nothing will work.

(on this next one don't take this the wrong way)
As far as pet stores which animal is better off. One that has been put down to no longer suffer by the hands of humans that think they are god, or the one that is stuck in a glass cage with no interaction and complete boredom. I guess I don't feel that is any kind of a life and if I was in that situation I would prefer to be put down. I agree that adoption and rehoming are the best way to go, but I also say that the animals in pet stores should not be left behind.

As far as vacancies, I see it like this. When I have a weed in the yard I don't cut of the last leaf in the chain...I dig up the roots. Instead of going after the end users go after the roots...The mass producers of animals.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
How am i going after the end users? I think you are really misreading me.

Nothing wrong with rescuing an eb. Im not sure how thats getting confused. My references were toward "making more".Aka breeding
As far as the pet store thing, we shall have to disagree. I dont think its saving a life when one will just replace it... You become the funding of the cycle...
Posted via Mobile Device

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts