Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two English Bulldogs a three year old girl (best dog ever) and we just got a almost 4 month old boy. He will not stop and sqaut to poop or to pee he just walks around any where and poops as he walks constantly poop comming out this is his 3rd day with us at first I chalked it up to nerves but it's not stopping and when he lays there he just lays there and pees will not move I'm guessing that he came from a very dirty environment and maybe this is why I'm just not sure. Has anyone ever heard of this or seen this. I keep taking him outside a lot and removed bedding from cage. Tried giving him treats for going potty outside but he won't take them. PLEASE HELP ANY ADVISE OR INSITE APPRECIATED !!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Has he been to a vet yet? Where did you get him from?

Does his poop look normal, or is there diarrhea or mucous?

Are there any other abnormal behaviors, or symptoms that might indicate he is sick? Is he lethargic?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He he was vet checked and papers and all we got him from a breeder dad is 2nd best in nation mom 7th in nation in bully's no other signs very happy eating drinking not lathargic at all very happy and great puppy doesn't whine nothing perfect besides this. We just got him Saturday so I'm waiting for our vet to open Tuesday morning I will be calling them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And no diarrhea mucous all normal looking stool and like I said he seems to pee where he lays to like doesn't even move so I wonder if he is just used to a dirty environment he isn't potty trained yet I'm working with him on it but the breeder didn't work on this at all with him yet which I didn't like

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the puppy...we have to take him back down Saturday we were having problems to where when he peed he just peed where ever when ever like had no knowledge that he had to go. Same with poop didn't sqaut didn't sniff like he had to go. Nothing. So we took him to the vet he has nerve damage I cried so hard I had to let Tim in there and had to go out to the van I couldn't breath they said the best thing is to have him put down there is no correction for it in a dog. The vet said he will never live a normal life and if the nerve damage goes all the way to the bladder there is no telling how far it goes like the dr pinched his anus with with interlocking forceps and Bruno didn't budge an inch squirm nothing his anus was bleeding and he had no feeling at all. It's so sad. The breeder is letting us bring him back Saturday bc of him being so far away and giving us our money back the vet talked to him over the phone and left him know what was going on. And told him that the best thing to do is to have him put down so he is going to take care of all that financial aspects of that part. The kids and us are soooo crushed I'm a mess. He is the perfect puppy. All but that. I held him and cried the whole way home from the vet.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So sad for you................
Had the same experience with a Manx kitten years ago.... sometimes it has to do with the development of the spine in utero, especially in animals with shorten spines (the tail is part of the spine) is what I was told. My heart was broken.........
you have my empathy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is such a sad situation. I am sorry this happened to your pup. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Jenni
IPhone 6 Plus/iPad Air

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that, I truly am. But I also have to say you should absolutely sue the pants off of those breeders. This is despicable breeding and business practices. And definitely post this all over social media and contact the ACTUAL media. There are puppy lemon laws about things like this. No one should have to go through the heartache of putting down a new puppy. Sadly the majority of Bulldogs have such serious problems now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts