Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy tore his paw on January second and I have pictures from day one and today. The vet has charged us 20 bucks three times to keep changing his cast and kept telling us it should be healed soon. I am looking at pictures from before and after and there is NO difference.
I have taken the cast off to let it air out as the vet suggested but he keeps licking it.
Is this ever going to heal? Is this something serious or dangerous? Before and after pics below:

January 5th

Today, January 14th

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Can you get clearer pictures? I can't really see how the second one looks at all or tell if there's any healing occurring.

It should heal. There's not much that can be done for a pad injury but to let it heal on it's own, they cannot stitch it up or anything like that.

Keep it clean, and given that it is so bad I'd have her on some crate rest so that she stops reinjuring it. The more she does that the longer it'll take to heal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont think it looks bad. Spray something on the paw to deter licking or he will continue licking it. Antibiotic cream will speed healing and yes, it will heal. Keep it covered with the cream

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts