Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with my golden popping the black plastic clips out of her E Collar. It is new, and it seems to me it shouldn't be doing this. I've never seen it with older collars. She accidentally, (I think,) will bump into things, hard enough to pop the clips off.
Bought it at PETCO, and they were less than interested in a solution, just wanted me to buy another collar.
I don't like the idea of using duct tape on it, due to problems in removing it to treat the wound on her face.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm having trouble with my golden popping the black plastic clips out of her E Collar. It is new, and it seems to me it shouldn't be doing this. I've never seen it with older collars. She accidentally, (I think,) will bump into things, hard enough to pop the clips off.
Bought it at PETCO, and they were less than interested in a solution, just wanted me to buy another collar.
I don't like the idea of using duct tape on it, due to problems in removing it to treat the wound on her face.

You may have to try and get it closed a different way. If I'm right in how I'm picturing it maybe use a hole puncher to put some holes in it along the edge, make sure they are far enough apart that they don't tear towards the edge or each other, then thread some yarn or cord through the holes and tie it shut.

I think I found the collar you are using, someone on the reviews of it mentioned velcro. If you can find the self adhesive velcro I bet it would work great.

Someone else suggested zip ties. I had thought of that but I think it'd make getting the collar on and off a bit of a pain since you'd have to cut the ties.

Reactions: GoldiesPa

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have to try and get it closed a different way. If I'm right in how I'm picturing it maybe use a hole puncher to put some holes in it along the edge, make sure they are far enough apart that they don't tear towards the edge or each other, then thread some yarn or cord through the holes and tie it shut.

I think I found the collar you are using, someone on the reviews of it mentioned velcro. If you can find the self adhesive velcro I bet it would work great.

Someone else suggested zip ties. I had thought of that but I think it'd make getting the collar on and off a bit of a pain since you'd have to cut the ties.
Thanks for the Velcro idea! That may just do the trick. As I have to take it off a couple of times a day to treat her sore, zip ties would be a pain, plus I think they'd tend to rip out the holes. While the thread or yarn idea may be a good one, I think I'll find some automotive grade sticky Velcro and try that.

THANKS AGAIN! Yeah, I know, I'm shouting. I'm shouting with pleasure as I found her out of her E collar again this afternoon when I came home, after only being gone for an hour or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts