Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Five benefits have been observed in canines who were exposed to the Bio Sensor stimulation exercises. The benefits noted were:
1) Improved cardiovascular performance (heart rate).
2) Stronger heartbeats.
3) Stronger adrenal glands.
4) More tolerance to stress
5) Greater resistance to disease.

This is verbatim what was in your original post. I totally missed the "Greater resistance to disease" because I'd like to see proof of that as well.

See all of the MEDICINE posted in that? Holding a puppy upside down or putting a wet towel on it is NOT going to affect ANY of that. And you've shown no proof that it can or does. So please do NOT mislead people into thinking they are "making their pets medically healthier" by having them do a little jig on their heads unless you can back it up.

Next thing you know people will be taking their 10 year old Cockers with CHF and holding them on their heads with wet towels to "Improve their cardiovascular performance" and wonder why they suddenly go into respiratory distress...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I haven't boasted medical anything. I stated I didn't know if that worked or not. I did say I have seen the improvement in nerve and drives.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Why does this have to be scientifically proven? .
The fact that you think this way is the problem with all your posts and why you are not getting along with established members here.

I will tell you now, firmly. That this forum prides itself on accuracy and proof. We do not preach mumbo jumbo here. Dogs are not a religion.

So while there can be variation, facts are facts and opinions that are stated as fact are not recieved well here. This is a board of knowlegable skeptics that demand proof of things, if that bothers people feel free to move on and discuss dominance and striking puppies for peeing inside and other nonsense on other boards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
I found this. It is referenced on the Early Neurological Stimulation

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/content/20/1/42.full.pdf

This is a very interesting article. I would simply point out it is dated 1958, (and citations go back to 1935) and appears to be some early work on concepts about puppy development. Its not up to date, but it is intriguing, especially from an historical perspective, of the science as it was developing.

I would agree with Holly there is nothing in there that resembles scientific proof of medical benefits of handling routines.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
I do not know how many other boards she posts on, do know of one where she made her claim and did not bother to respond to my question:
Ha! Only 4 responses over there! No fight at all in that group.

Perhaps our problem is we are reinforcing too much here with our attention?

OR

We just have this problem?

;)

LOL cats yet?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I do not know how many other boards she posts on, do know of one where she made her claim and did not bother to respond to my question:

Early Neurological Stimulation - Dog Forum - DiscussDogs.com
Yes I posted it on that other forum. Since you asked the same question there I did not answer it since I am trying to get answers here.

I am still waiting for a reply. I just emailed them yesterday.

I never thought by posting that it would cause such a controversy.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Ha! Only 4 responses over there! No fight at all in that group.

Perhaps our problem is we are reinforcing too much here with our attention?

OR

We just have this problem?

;)

LOL cats yet?

Yes, and it is my fault for actually wanting to learn something new. Shame on me.

I'll stick to just trying to ignore when garbage is posted unless I think it's harmful medical advice. Ugh.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Yes I posted it on that other forum. Since you asked the same question there I did not answer it since I am trying to get answers here.

I am still waiting for a reply. I just emailed them yesterday.

I never thought by posting that it would cause such a controversy.

Don't bother. I will no longer believe anything you post and claim is a "response" from them.

And the only controversy is your lack of reliable sources which were only important since outlandish claims were made and some people were genuinely interested in how they came about. I'm not sure what "answers" you're trying to get here since you didn't actually post a question, but the answer I'll give you after all of this is:

"This method is garbage and does nothing for the animals medically. If you think dancing your puppies on their heads on a cold wet towel gives them more benefit than normal socialization, then I have a bridge to sell you."

I warn everyone to question anything you post that claims to contain facts... especially medically advice, because I think you'll lead good people astray.

That is all.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Lynnmarie, I am actually interested in the reply you get, so please post it.

For the ones who don't believe it has any benefit, do you have experience with military or detection dogs that have been through the super dog program?

As I stated before, medically, I have no proof of any health benefits. Since the dogs I have seen and worked with that went through the program were specifically bred for superior health, I can't say there is or isn't a difference.
However for nerve, problem solving, faster learning, more stable dogs, it actually does work. I have seen this with dutch shepherds and malinois.

When done from day three to day sixteen, as the program states, I doubt you would need to worry about someone with a chf dog suffering from this.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Yes, and it is my fault for actually wanting to learn something new. Shame on me.

I'll stick to just trying to ignore when garbage is posted unless I think it's harmful medical advice. Ugh.
Not your fault at all.
I did the same thing for many comments on another thread.
(well, then its my fault too!)

After all, where are we on the nature vs nurture thread? Nearly 200 comments, and still just debating based on anecdote.
I posted scientific sources but that seemed not to receive much notice.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
controversy.
There is nothing wrong with controversy and the exchange of ideas. Quite the contrary, when good minds exchange thoughts, sometimes the conversation will generate new and better ideas.

What IS patently wrong here is that you introduced a claim, and upon inquiry provided links and information that were not relevant, as if links were some holy grail that might ward off your having to take responsibility for the claims you made and then stood by.
I find you disingenuous in your claims of innocence after throwing link after false link at this community.

If we were discussing decorating or some such I'd shrug it off, but the subject here is living critters, and false advice might well cause harm.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
When done from day three to day sixteen, as the program states, I doubt you would need to worry about someone with a chf dog suffering from this.
.... ? And why is that? When you state that you:

I have no proof of any health benefits
Man, the contradiction runs RAMPANT in this damn thread.

After all, where are we on the nature vs nurture thread?
I think I've managed to stay far far away from that! Go me!

If we were discussing decorating or some such I'd shrug it off, but the subject here is living critters, and false advice might well cause harm.
!!!!!!!!!!! Ditto.

Lynnmarie, I am actually interested in the reply you get, so please post it.
Of course you are. You'll probably just believe whatever is posted and not question how logical it is...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Holly if you will read you will see that I never stated I had never argued the health of it.

Again I will ask, how many detection dogs or military working dogs do you have experience with?
So unless you know about this, you don't know that its garbage.

As far as believing what I hear, that's pretty funny. I believe what I see working. I don't care one way or another if you believe it or not. If you aren't producing working dogs, then I understand why you aren't concerned with it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Holly if you will read you will see that I never stated I had never argued the health of it.

Again I will ask, how many detection dogs or military working dogs do you have experience with?

As far as believing what I hear, that's pretty funny. I believe what I see working. I don't care one way or another if you believe it or not. If you aren't producing working dogs, then I understand why you aren't concerned with it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Each time you refer to working dogs as if they were some alien creatures that only can be understood by The Initiated it sounds more ridiculous.

Quote:
juliemule said:
I mean, I dont train pets in obedience, only working dogs in detection, protection, tracking, trailing, hrd, disaster, directionals. Mostly I deal with malinois and dutch shepherds, who of course are not ever dog or people aggressive, of any other behavioral problems, and are just a breeze to deal with. But I only have 13 at the moment. So what do I know.
This was from another thread, showing your attempt to just squash the poster with nasty superiority instead of trying to help someone who could have really used some patience and explanation.

I do not know why you are here, I think it has something to do with a poor self image because you parade what you have at the drop of a hat instead of doing what many of the rest of us do, which is try to help people so that they can try to help their dogs.

I suspect you will get more and more dogs, and assert more and more superiority, until the fateful day that you realize that no one will ever look up to you because they clearly see that their only possible view is the sole of your boot stepping on them.

This is a wakeup call for you. Change your attitude and I'm sure people will forgive and forget and welcome you into the fold. Don't change, and you are headed for personal disaster.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Lucille. I have offered many helpful training tips. Some people lack common sense.

You don't know me, or how far I have come with dogs. Yes the working dog world and pet world are so different, you wouldn't believe it.

I get frustrated with people who cater to ignorance. So if I come across as rude or short from time to time about someone who is going to euthanized a dog that probably doesn't need it, tough Crap. If you don't like it, don't read it.
I don't agree with your opinions or several others, but I don't come on here talking about Your self image, or what others think of you. I'm experienced enough to not need to worry about what you think.
In case you don't understand, there are more to dogs than lap poodles. Some people here are very experienced with dogs, and I appreciate learning from their knowledge. Their are always different points of view, and if you were not so closed minded, you could possibly learn to.

As far as more dogs, well yes I get in many dogs a year, sell many, and place some into pet homes. I will continue to read here, learn here, and share knowledge. I'm sorry that the world isn't a perfect place with only one point of view, where we all hold hands and sing happy songs. I won't cater to you, I'm sure there is an ignore button if you don't like what I have to say. I don't need to explain to myself why I'm here, just as you don't need to explain to me why you are.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
And as far as the other thread you mentioned, the poster was boasting of their experience as a seasoned dog trainer. They mocked everyone who attempted to help with sound advice. Many people tried to help. Such an experienced trainer wouldn't have considered euthanasia for a simple problem.
If someone asks for help, then won't take advice offered, why bother?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Holly, Lucille, Criosphynx may I ask what breeds you breed? What you breed them for? How do you raise them?

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.