Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
No problem, I read them too before I posted.. pretty interesting and good breed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
your in the same boat I am....I think mine is mixed with a Dutch Shepherd too. She looks like a mini version of a Dutchie. Yours looks like she could be mixed with a Dutch Shepherd and a Lab maybe?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he's a hyena....

your in the same boat I am....I think mine is mixed with a Dutch Shepherd too. She looks like a mini version of a Dutchie. Yours looks like she could be mixed with a Dutch Shepherd and a Lab maybe?
oh yeah, i just responded to your posting. my vet said he could easily be dutch mix or even a purebred with droopy ears. i looked at a lot of dogs with brindle coats on line and it was interesting to see how different they can be. The dutch shepherd had the same coat as my dog, and yours looks like that too, the same color and stripe pattern with just a little feathery ruff on neck and elbows etc. my dog really looks like a lab that is a bit long bodied. i get pit bull a lot but i think if he was a solid color, he could pass for pure lab. yours seems to have the face (i looked at lots and lots of ds pictures) and ears of a d.s. too, but she is so small. in my reply to your post i mentioned the genetic testing. i really want to try it, but i asked about it here and everyone said the results were disappointing.

i've started telling people he is a hyena/lab mix or a tiger-dog cross. i get stopped by people all the time when i am walking him or if i go to an event (like the flea market) they get a kick out of it. i usually end up saying oh, he's just a really really good dog....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah, we are constantly gettings asked...our vet was even curious. But we have no history on her so your guess is as good as anybody's. Most people think she's gorgeous but we have had a few 'what an ugly dog' comments....:mad: Usually those comments are from non-dog people who don't appreciate her uniqueness!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, we are constantly gettings asked...our vet was even curious. But we have no history on her so your guess is as good as anybody's. Most people think she's gorgeous but we have had a few 'what an ugly dog' comments....:mad: Usually those comments are from non-dog people who don't appreciate her uniqueness!
IDIOTS! serioulsy, i bet they have ugly babies! i think she is gorgeous, unique or not, she's a looker, then again, i may be a bit partial to that look...:rolleyes:

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts