• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm a first time dog owner that has spent the last year or so researching training and care in preparation of owning one. My gf found one online and we've fallen in love, adoption is confirmed and we pick her up in a couple weeks!

I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me identify what breeds she has in her, since she's presumably a mix of some kind. The rescue center says Plott hound, but from a little bit of research it seems to be common to slap that label on anything with a brindle coat.

I'm leaning towards a Dutch Shepherd mix, although I know they're kind of rare in the US, so I'm not sure how likely that is. My girlfriend thinks that she might be a Plott Whippet mix because of the ears. Would love to hear more opinions about her!

Info:
66 pounds
1 year old
Rescued in Texas

IMG_7966_20210721_132726.JPG
IMG_7965_20210721_132726.JPG
download.jpeg
IMG_7967_20210720_200027.JPG

·
Registered
148 Posts
It only takes one unneautered Dutch Shepherd. My local shelter was full of surprise mixes one year. However, the ears, body shape, and the fact that greyhounds and some sighthounds can brindle, I'd second that. But, it could be several mixes as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts