Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my step dad came home with a female bull terrier or "target" dog. She seems to have been used as a bait dog because she has scars all over her body. The hurts being a little chunk removed from one ear and a large scar on the other side of her face. That was is vast infected with a puncture clean through near the base.

The infected ear has an oddly spicy scent to it, I'm really worried and of course will be taking her to a vet tomorrow but I'm hoping for some help relieving some of her discomfort.

Also, her stomach is upset. She won't eat our dog food and has only had a few pieces of turkey lunch meat and about two bowels of water. She's having bad gas and her stool is almost diarrhea soft.

She is probably the sweetest dog is the world, just wants to be near people and other dogs (keeps crying at my full mirror and bumping her head against it because she thinks her reflection is another dog.)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I too would recommend rice and boiled chicken, but what is the reason for waiting 12 hours?

She's very lucky to have been found by your dad. It's unbelievable to me how some people treat animals. They have feelings and just want to be safe and loved. It breaks my heart to hear what some animals endure.

Keep us updated and if you can, post a few photos.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely boiled rice and boiled chicken breast for at least two or three days. So sad to see this happen but thank you so much for being a kind person… You will be rewarded trust me. By the way, Deli meats have way too many nitrates and too much sodium.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts