Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while rough housing with my dog I accidently bopped him on the nose , the look I got of him was priceless , as if to say "you did that on purpose"

another time I bought him coloured chew sticks that went right through him and made his poo blue lol

last one : I was cleaning out the pockets of some old handbags and found some false nails dropped them on the floor with the rest of the rubbish, the next day in his poo were the false nails lol

so just wondering has anybody else done anything dumb to their doggies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
A large piece of material came off one of Echo's toys, 1 inch wide 20 inches long, she was 10 weeks so I figured since it was longer than her I'd leave it with her as long as I was there. I looked away for less than a minute. I heard her try to retch and that was it, toy gone. Went to the vet to see if we could get here to throw up. I told the vet the story and she looked at me like I was an over reacting new mum, "so she swallowed a piece of string?". Anyway they take her out back, i hear her throw up and the vet yell "it's huge!".

Echo no longer has access to anything smaller than her head...

Edit: I am aware this could have been much more serious and it was terrifying at the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A large piece of material came off one of Echo's toys, 1 inch wide 20 inches long, she was 10 weeks so I figured since it was longer than her I'd leave it with her as long as I was there. I looked away for less than a minute. I heard her try to retch and that was it, toy gone. Went to the vet to see if we could get here to throw up. I told the vet the story and she looked at me like I was an over reacting new mum, "so she swallowed a piece of string?". Anyway they take her out back, i hear her throw up and the vet yell "it's huge!".

Echo no longer has access to anything smaller than her head...

Edit: I am aware this could have been much more serious and it was terrifying at the time.
awwww that must have been so scarey for u , but glad pups ok now :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I kept giving my dog stuff animals as he loves to play with them. I would pick up the stuffing off the floor and I realized that not all the stuffing was on the floor. Later on, he pooped in out and ever since then I give him unstuffed animals. :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: loopyboo

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
At about 10 weeks old, Pax and I were rough housing on the floor. I was on my knees and head down...still being in puppy biting phase he caught the inside of my ear ripping with his razor teeth a flap of skin down to the cartilage resulting in 8 stitches...oops!

I would sometimes play tackle him in his bed and play with him...only time I ever saw fear in his eyes is when one time I lost my balance and stumbled towards him and it was almost a full blown fall right onto him...it was a look of "OH S#!T" panic on his face!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I swung my leg to get out of bed and kicked Rico in the face. Not too hard, but he looked at me like mom! Are you okay? Did I hurt your foot? and licked my foot to make it better. He's such a sweet boy! I felt so bad!
 
  • Like
Reactions: loopyboo

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
A large piece of material came off one of Echo's toys, 1 inch wide 20 inches long, she was 10 weeks so I figured since it was longer than her I'd leave it with her as long as I was there. I looked away for less than a minute. I heard her try to retch and that was it, toy gone. Went to the vet to see if we could get here to throw up. I told the vet the story and she looked at me like I was an over reacting new mum, "so she swallowed a piece of string?". Anyway they take her out back, i hear her throw up and the vet yell "it's huge!".

Echo no longer has access to anything smaller than her head...

Edit: I am aware this could have been much more serious and it was terrifying at the time.
When Tessa was around 12ish weeks I bought her a braided bully stick and foolishly gave it to her in the car. She swallowed 5 inches of it whole! I freaked and rushed her to the vet, they x-rayed her and we monitored her for a couple of days, I was so relieved when it came out. She not so much, because it came out 4.5 inches long from her bum lol. Now the only way she gets a bully is if I hold it. I've actually trained her a cue "let mommy hold it" for her to bring me chew items lol.

I have another stupid one, a month ago I was playing tug with Tessa. We got really into it and there was some wrestling too. I "won" the sock and was cheering my win, she got over excited and tried to play jump at it and booped me right in the skull - with her skull. Yup, there was a crack sound and everything. It bled like a mutter feather (tehe autocorrect swear lol). Required 1 ER visit on a Thursday night (meaning a 3 hour wait to be seen), 6 stitches, 1 mild concussion, and 3 weeks to heal. I still have the scar, but thankfully my eyebrow grew back. I am now proof that a labrador's head is made of pure cinder block, and I lived to tell the tale. I'd also like to think I learned my lesson, but let's be real I'm not going to stop playing tug and wrestling with her - injures be danged! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Came back from mere sands with my dog to find his crate flat in the hallway (I lent it to my bro to crate train his dog but his other family members didn't like it ) so my dog Harley went over to the crate to sniff because he could smell my brothers dog Archie on it , I needed to get in the kitchen so I stepped over Harley ,well tried to anyway :eek: and accidentally stepped on his ear the yelping was so loud :eek: but he's ok now my poor boy .
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top