Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I recently adopted a puppy greyhound in Spain and it turns out that the puppy has a droopy ear (I mean, they are both droopy, but one of them seems to have a problem).

I am really concerned because this is my first dog and I have read some stuff online and I am starting to think that he might have some kind of paralysis or brain damage.

The dog behaves completely normal, I picked him up yesterday and he was freaking out, but little by little he has more and more confidence and he is starting to play around. He can also move both ears, the only problem being that one is noticeably lower than the other, I'll attach a couple of pics.

Could anybody please tell me if this is really a severe problem? I will go to the vet on Monday but until then they are all closed and I am pretty concerned. I also want to know if there is anyway I could fix this. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,265 Posts
In the absence of other signs, I'd not suspect brain damage -.just unequal ears, like some people have.

Ears do odd things anyway until teething is finished.

He is a sweet looking pup.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
There does not look like there is anything unusual about his ears, many dogs do not have ears that are not exactly the same. I have had greyhounds that had one ear that would go straight up and the other one did not certainly nothing to do with her brain.
Also like mentioned, ears do odd things while they are still teething.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts