Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I looked into a leather harness for Zoey before we decided on getting the Ruffwear, but I wanted a leather harness with quick release clips and every harness I looked at were standard buckles. I like that the one you posted comes with strap covers too as I always worry leather harnesses will rub, especially as Zoey is a baldy dog :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
That is a very unique harness. I have never used no-pull harnesses before because we never needed it, but I wonder how well they work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is a very unique harness. I have never used no-pull harnesses before because we never needed it, but I wonder how well they work.
From experience, tools don't make much of a difference. An untrained dog that is a puller is still going to pull no matter if it's wearing a flat collar, martingale, choker, prong, head halter, front-clip harness, or regular step-in harness. At the other end, a dog that is trained well will walk well no matter what they're wearing.

That is a gorgeous harness though, oh my.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From experience, tools don't make much of a difference. An untrained dog that is a puller is still going to pull no matter if it's wearing a flat collar, martingale, choker, prong, head halter, front-clip harness, or regular step-in harness. At the other end, a dog that is trained well will walk well no matter what they're wearing.

That is a gorgeous harness though, oh my.
You are totally right (on both accounts!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts