Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DRI - Dane(or Dog) Related Injury

In the last couple of months Freyja has smashed my toe with a kitchen drawer, broke my nose and slammed her tooth into my finger nail causing it to crack and bleed. She has also punched my in the eye a few times and scratched my face. I'm not even counting the thousand times she has stood on my foot or hit my knee with hers. Or the leash burn she gave me once. I admit, a lot of these were my fault. I know I shouldn't roughhouse with her, but sometimes I forget myself and do it anyway. She's getting better with her paws, keeping them on the ground and not jumping. But when she gets really excited she tends to forget. My big toe is still discolored from when her collar got caught on the drawer handle and she pulled the drawer out, causing it to fall on my big toe. And that happened a few months ago.

So am I just lucky or does anyone else have any 'war stories' about their dog? Maybe it's just a dane thing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a husky growing up who's head was like a hammer. He would frequently catch me in the face when we were playing. Many black eyes and bloody noses, but totally worth the fun we had.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freyja's head is like a cinder block and just as big.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You are not alone! My pitties roughhouse like MMA fighters. There's nothing vicious about it, they're just bigger than they realize. They don't mean to, they're just so happy to play and as puppies pretty clumsy to boot. I feel like I need to wear a sign around my neck at work when I wear skirts that says, "I'm not a battered woman, these bruises are my dogs' way of showing their love." But like they said above, TOTALLY worth it. So much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Roxy was never a lap puppy, but once my tiny Chi foster Buddy left (he was a TOTAL lapdog and would curl up on me for hours!) I was so sad and she could tell. So now she's become a lap dog. A 50 LB LAP DOG. I can't even count the number of bruises I've gotten from her climbing up on me for snuggles. But I can't complain cause it's just so very sweet!

Reactions: annageckos

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, Freyja is a complete lap dog, all 110+lbs of her! She has gotten better but I use to have bruises on my legs from where she would step on me. Or where she would pinch me with her nails again the bed. She also likes to groom me and nibbles. Sometimes she catches my skin and pinches leaving a bruise.

She also use to run and use people as a spring board, bouncing off them. Normally she'd catch you in the gut. Happily this has (mostly) stopped.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My boxer Charlie is really strong, and has enough force to knock me down, when he leaps at me apart from leaping I don't really have to much problems with him:p

·
Registered
64 Posts
Haha. Luckily my puppy is only about 20lbs so not a huge deal when it gets out of hand. It's always my fault cause I know if I lay on floor he wants to bounce me and usually give me a million kisses. Problem is those pesky nails. He gave me such a perfect scratch on my elbow 1 day people thought I had elbow surgery.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Puppy claws are so sharp, I still have a scar or two from Freyja's nails. Yesterday I was hugging my BF and Freyja jumped up and punched him in the face, hitting his cheek. She always pushes between us when we hug, she wants in.

Reactions: Okeedoke22

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Tessa has helped me cut my lip and jumping up on my and booping my face with hers, given me a black eye by punching me in the face while I slept, and from her teething stage tooth indents - I was the best chew toy after all. She also help me sprain my ankle when she was younger and decided to chase a rabbit while on leash, I was trying to carefully walk on a icy path - my fault I should've anticipated, but now we have a "whoa" for icy path walks. I also have chronic back pain in the morning because she is admit that I am the best pillow invented- she sleeps and the end of the bed till I'm dead asleep, then climbs up and cuddles up to my back, laying her head in the crook of my neck. Don't know if I could sleep now without the weight of 70 lb dog on me lol

Pretty sure she will be the accidental cause of my death.

Reactions: annageckos

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Must add tonights venture. Tessa stole one of my socks, like usual I knelt down to get it, she thought I was playing and smoked me. Our skulls collided, there was a crack and I'm left with a 2.5 hour er wait to patch up a split eyebrow and monitoring for concussion symptoms.

Yup, my dog is trying to kill me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 9lb Chihuahua is way smaller than a Great Dane, but possibly as strong. ;) I just had oral surgery and by Sunday my face was swollen up and double-sized on my right jaw. And the pain, whoa! I react strongly to medications so was getting by on ice packs and naps.

Had to take the dogs in due to a worm situation, and of course they wanted to take Jav's temperature and asked me to distract him. He didn't like being touched from behind and snuggled his head onto my bosom. Well the moment that thermometer went in, his head flung up and around right into my jaw and almost knocked me out. He's 9 lbs. He's lucky I love him so much. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh my goodness.. haha, I'm sorry I got a bit of a laugh out of these stories. I can relate - our 70lb girl is like a tornado full of sandpaper and cinder blocks!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry everyone is getting hurt, but it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one getting beat up by my dog.

Reactions: KayWilson
1 - 15 of 15 Posts