Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have an eight year old rottie/sheppard mix who I adopted when she was 1 years old. She was abused as a puppy so getting to know her was an interesting challenge for a while, but she turned into a very affectionate and sweet dog.

Over the seven years I've had her to the only time she was aggressive is during nail cutting or if she was in the car and we were going through a drive thru or gas station she would bark at the people outside the car. But as soon as you let her out shed give you kisses and etc.

Three years ago we got a puppy after my german shepherd passed away, and she was great with him. She played with him, she they would sleep together onto of each other and etc.

However about six months ago we started noticing very slight changes in her personality, she became bit more distant and she wasn't as affectionate as she was before. But it didn't happen very often, however over the last month it's gotten to be really bad.

She becoming more and more aggressive in her behaviour towards us, and even the other dog. She will come up to us and be all friendly and then it will change all of the sudden and shell start showing her teeth at us. Shes even tried to nip/bite us. Shes become the same way towards the other dog, its gotten to the point where we don't feel comfortable with leaving them alone together even on the deck while we are working in the yard.

Tonight she wouldn't let me get close to her to clean her ears, something she's let me do before. She's always been uncomfortable with it, but she's let us do it. Tonight she wouldn't have any of it, she growled, she nipped at me/lunged(bad word) at me. This behaviour has of hers has gotten worse in the month since she received a bunch of medication for her diarrhea.

She seems at times confused, shell walk a few steps in one direction stop, turn the other way walk again and then stop and then walk in circles. She's also pacing like crazy and in the afternoons she's panting like she's really hot.

We got all her blood work and etc done when she had the diarrhea issue as she was bleeding from it, and all her blood work came back fine. It really started getting bad after that incident. She's scared of everyone, she won't even go for a walk... she was pulling like crazy not to go for one the other day. I really don't recognize my dog at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sudden behavior changes often point to health issues. Just like human doctors, vets and lab work sometimes have error, I would get a second opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts