Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start off I will explain why my highly nervous dog is at the dog park, because he loves it that's why.Trucker loves dogs he wants to run around with them, it gives him exercise he just can't get anywhere else. He does so well at dog parks that he starts to feel comfortable getting inches away from other pet parents. This being said some pet parents make me so mad. When is it okay for you to bring your unfixed dog into the park when it clearly states this isn't allowed. And why is it okay for you to let your dog hump my dog to show him who is dominating who.

The last time we went to the dog bark dogs were ganging up on Trucker to hump him :-( and their owners were laughing. I would try to stop it and remove my dog from that situation so he could run and play and would get growled at by the dogs. At one point they actually pushed and pinned Trucker down to lay on top of him (so not okay). The owners thought this behavior was funny but I did not I found that they were violating my submissive dog.

Dog Park Rant Over.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
So to start off I will explain why my highly nervous dog is at the dog park, because he loves it that's why.Trucker loves dogs he wants to run around with them, it gives him exercise he just can't get anywhere else. He does so well at dog parks that he starts to feel comfortable getting inches away from other pet parents. This being said some pet parents make me so mad. When is it okay for you to bring your unfixed dog into the park when it clearly states this isn't allowed. And why is it okay for you to let your dog hump my dog to show him who is dominating who.

The last time we went to the dog bark dogs were ganging up on Trucker to hump him :-( and their owners were laughing. I would try to stop it and remove my dog from that situation so he could run and play and would get growled at by the dogs. At one point they actually pushed and pinned Trucker down to lay on top of him (so not okay). The owners thought this behavior was funny but I did not I found that they were violating my submissive dog.

Dog Park Rant Over.

I can understand why you're angry. some dog owner can be really blind when it comes to unsocial behaviour form their little poochie.
but in my opinion, this has not much to do with the other dog being intact, more of the dog being overchallenged by the dog park and taking it out on your dog. :(
I try to avoid it when there a group of such dog owner in there.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand why you're angry. some dog owner can be really blind when it comes to unsocial behaviour form their little poochie.
but in my opinion, this has not much to do with the other dog being intact, more of the dog being overchallenged by the dog park and taking it out on your dog. :(
I try to avoid it when there a group of such dog owner in there.
Yeah, it just makes me sad to have to limit Trucker's social interactions with other dogs because of irresponsible dog owners but next time we will be leaving. I don't want Trucker to think that is an okay behavior since I have already noticed that he picked up a digging habit from watching another dog dig unchecked by the owner at the dog park. He should not have to be submissive, nor should he have to be aggressive. I just want him to be able to go and have a great time.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts