Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Kind of a weird question, but I have two 6-packs of canned Alpo food in my cupboard. I was thinking I'd use it to stuff my dog's new Kong and freeze, but (1) It's Alpo, and (2) it's the kind that is slices of meat in gravy, so I'm afraid it work that well and would make a nasty mess in his crate once it warmed up. I bought it a couple of months ago for some reason, I think I was running low on good kibble and was trying to stretch out what I had left until I made it to Tractor Supply to buy a new bag or something. Anyway, I never wound up using any of it.

I don't want to throw it away, and I don't really know anyone privately who would feed it to their dogs. Is there a good place to donate it? Would a shelter, rescue, etc. want it? I know it's not exactly the best food in the world, but I was figuring there might be some dogs somewhere that might be lucky to have it?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Some pet stores have donation boxes for local shelters, you could call some. Many shelters will also take donations.

Reactions: Arwen
1 - 3 of 3 Posts