Dog Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
LOL well it seems everyone certainly had fun with this thread while I was gone, but to those of you that gave me some good advice, thank you. Whoever was asking if the dog was "small-ish" yes you are right, it's below 20lbs and I'm a 6'2" male so I'm sure it's very intimidated by me, so it does make sense for her to come over and lay on my lap and whatnot once I lay on the ground. I guess my head just got filled up with all that dominance crap that you find literally ALL over the web, wish I came here first! But anyway, I guess it's just a matter of spending more time with the dog and letting her warm up to me. I might also have unrealistic expectations with this dog, as I want her to love me as much as she loves my girlfriend right away, lol, and that just aint gonna happen.

What I meant by the whole leash pulling thing wasn't really as a matter of dominance, I meant that when I take her out, she's constantly pulling me back towards the house to obviously get back to my girlfriend, which is annoying because it seems like she's too terrified to spend any time with me alone. But I guess this will come in time.

Thanks for all the pointers, everyone!
-Dave

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
LOL well it seems everyone certainly had fun with this thread while I was gone, but to those of you that gave me some good advice, thank you. Whoever was asking if the dog was "small-ish" yes you are right, it's below 20lbs and I'm a 6'2" male so I'm sure it's very intimidated by me, so it does make sense for her to come over and lay on my lap and whatnot once I lay on the ground. I guess my head just got filled up with all that dominance crap that you find literally ALL over the web, wish I came here first! But anyway, I guess it's just a matter of spending more time with the dog and letting her warm up to me. I might also have unrealistic expectations with this dog, as I want her to love me as much as she loves my girlfriend right away, lol, and that just aint gonna happen.

What I meant by the whole leash pulling thing wasn't really as a matter of dominance, I meant that when I take her out, she's constantly pulling me back towards the house to obviously get back to my girlfriend, which is annoying because it seems like she's too terrified to spend any time with me alone. But I guess this will come in time.

Thanks for all the pointers, everyone!
-Dave
Your welcome. :p

BTW, Crio, Fawkes, Cali...among others...all have great advice pertaining to training. Heck, they even got me to pick up a clicker, and I have trained my own dogs since the late 80's. Shhh, dont tell them I said that. I wouldn't want them to get big heads.;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey now, Alphaness is serious bidnez. How else will we keep the mass amounts of dog packs from taking over the world. If we don't keep dogs in their place they will be walking on two legs and brokering deals with the aliens to dominate us. Don't come crying to me when your best friend straps a choke chain on you all and starts jerking on it like it was a tug toy.

Uh...oh boy...

I've already taught Wally how to walk on two legs... *slinks out the door hoping no one calls him a traiter to humanity*

:whistle::whistle:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Thats alright, Missy makes up for it in stupidity. I had to get her out of the tree again. She jumps to go after a lizard and, as usual, wedged herself between the two base branches. She is a few brain cells short. This is the 3rd time I have had to save her from the tree.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts