Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8year old Chihuahua mix has swelling on his two front paws. He's never had this issue before and I've tried giving him Iodione/Water foot soaks and Epsom Salt soaks but nothing seems to be working. He's been walking and eating fine, and is not on any pain meds. I'm planning to take him to the vet soon but does anyone have any recommendations that could help him?? Or does anyone know what the cause could be?

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
My answer is I don't know: Call your vet.
Infections can cause swelling, and infections can go bad very fast. Call the vet--and update. We care.
Ps. Infections caught early are easy and cheap to treat and most vets (mine does) answers calls for free. I'm guessing they'll need to see this to treat. Dogs can be complete wimps about pain (mine shrieks if I accidentally step on his toe, like he's getting his throat cut) while others are completely stoic and will run jump and play when in incredible pain.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That swelling is most likely a symptom of an infection, so you do need to get him to a Vet, probably sooner rather than later! As already commented, infections that are not treated can become systemic fairly quickly, then you have a life threatening medical problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts