Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a mistake and while parked on a hill the door closed on my dogs tail. He yelped and of course i felt horrible but I gave him a treat afterwards to help maybe take his mind off of it.

Hours later he moves the tail and acts fine but I know to the touch that spot on the tail is sore. So are there any signs I should watch for the next couple days if his tail starts to bother him?

Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
He'll likely lick and chew it if it starts bothering him. He may also be very reluctant to let you handle it.

Depending on how hard the door closed on it, I'd take him to the vet to have it x-rayed and make sure it's not broken.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He'll likely lick and chew it if it starts bothering him. He may also be very reluctant to let you handle it.

Depending on how hard the door closed on it, I'd take him to the vet to have it x-rayed and make sure it's not broken.
It was a slow close on his tail so and so far it doesn't feel swollen. And the tail is in its normal shape when up and down.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's probably a bruise. If it were broken there would usually be swelling and he wouldn't move it if he can help it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts