Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
If the urine is deep down in the carpet it could have soaked all the way down into the wood. If that is the case I don't think any enzyme cleaner would work. I use nature's miracle for cleaning up accidents and it works well. I know most chain pet stores carry it. I really suggest you not use the e collars, it is likely that they will not learn not to go inside. But will instead learn not to go when you are around.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'd just use a baby gate to keep them out of the room.

Sorry saw they you said they can scale the gate. I have two baby gates I bought when I got my dane, they have horizontal bars and a latch to open so you don't have to step over. They work great and I don't think they would be able to scale them.

I also see a few problems with the e collars. Some dogs will shut down with them, some dogs will not be effected at all and ignore them. Depending where the door is they may be afraid to walk past it to the rest of the house. If the door is at the end of a hall or out of the way this doesn't matter. You will have to have the collars on them all the time, they will know when the collars are not on they can go in the room. They could become afraid of doorways in general. Some dogs are just more sensitive. My mom has used a bark collar that vibrates only and her dog will shut down with it on and not eat or drink at all till the collar is removed. Some dogs handle it better than others.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Guess I will take a look at at those then, I'm just use to those baby gates and at about 6 months he could leap it with about a foot to spare :p Should have named him tigger instead.
My dane can step over the gates but she doesn't know that yet. I think they make taller gates to that open too. I got mine at Wal-mart, it was in the baby section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.