Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i see this a lot every now and then mainly when reading my older books but when dogs fight will others actually group up in a circle to wait to attack whoever goes down in the fight?

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
IMO? -- Olde Husbands' Tale, or maybe from the Jack London Dog Playbook.

Who sez? :skep:

At dog-parks or on the beach, any open area with multiple dogs around, it's more likely that some nearby dogs will jump into the fray, & suddenly a 2-dog fight has 4 or 5 dogs, all snarling & snapping. :eek:

Dogs aren't much into spectator sports; if it's "fun", & the dog who sees others doing X also enjoys doing X, they want to DO IT, not 'watch'.
Pro-wrestling will never catch on with dogs. :headshake: They're too participatory. :p

- terry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who sez? :skep:

At dog-parks or on the beach, any open area with multiple dogs around, it's more likely that some nearby dogs will jump into the fray, & suddenly a 2-dog fight has 4 or 5 dogs, all snarling & snapping. :eek:

Dogs aren't much into spectator sports; if it's "fun", & the dog who sees others doing X also enjoys doing X, they want to DO IT, not 'watch'.
Pro-wrestling will never catch on with dogs. :headshake: They're too participatory. :p

- terry
lol thanks for the response i have mainly seen it in like Call of the Wild or White Fang i was reading TV Tropes when they referenced it and reminded me of it i may have seen it in other books but i cant think of any others right now

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Nope never heard of that. Worked in daycares with groups of dogs for over 6 years now and usually other dogs will jump in on the fight. Others seem to get excited but are too wimpy or too smart to actually join in so they might circle around barking. But they certainly don't wait for the outcome, they react to the energy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts