Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my ten years old pekingese has some eyes infection, there is yellow pus discharge , inside in eyes the iris colors is mixed like blue and grey, cloudy , the white area in the eyes is hard to see, after sleeping eyes are like glued, this situation is active for about 10 days, i spoke by mobile with the veterinarian, he tolds me that i should clean the eyes with the chamomile, to put eye drops and Chloramphenicol, but the problem is that my dog is so angry because of this situation and when i try to touch his eyes he attacks me, i can't even to put the eye drops because it hates watter and running away and trying to hide, the situation isn't good, does this infection can be healed by itself? What should i do?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Eye infections do not go away on their own. Being a Pekingese a breed that is prone to eye problems he needs to be seen by the vet. Here is a link that describes some of the eye health problems.Pekingese | (aubreyamc.com) Yes, I agree with JoanneF. I am vet tech, and we know how to hold a dog that is painful in order to get the medications in that are needed. We had a Boston Terrier come in that the owners could not treat the eyes at home. We had no problems. If left to heal on their own you are risking your dog going blind or potentially losing the eye or both eyes

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just seconding @agility collie mom advice. This problem WILL NOT go away on its own and must get treatment ASAP. And yes, a reliable clinic should be able to handle most reactive dogs. We have more tools and skillsets in this area than average pet owners and most pf us can get the job done. Some dogs are also just better with others holding them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts