Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Friday night I broke both of my ankles and Saturday I had surgery. I ended up with 5 pins in my left ankle and 6 in my right. I got out of the hospital today and am now staying at my dads cause its wheelchair friendly. I hadn't seen rocky since Friday and it is the longest I have ever went without seeing my baby.

Today my mom brought him over to my dad's and everyone was worried about him being hyper and jumping on me. When he saw me he started to rush me but he stopped half way and came up to me much calmer. He sniffed my legs then leaned up against my wheelchair and just stared up at me like "where have you been". I know that dogs can sense when you are hurt/sick but this was my first experience with anything like this!

He has done very good about not bumping my feet and not jumping on me. The biggest issue we are having is that he is use to walking up between my legs to get pets but he seems to be picking up that he needs to come to the side for pets instead. He also will not be able to sleep with me and will have to be crated but I don't see a problem with that.

I am just so happy my dad was ok with him coming to stay here while I heal!! I plan on teaching him to walk alongside the wheelchair and when I get my hard casts I can take him to the dog park.?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Haha... A few times, the most recent being when I slipped down some stairs, I've had to play it off to my client dogs even though internally I'm about to burst into tears. They always know. Always. People don't give dogs enough credit to How closely they observe humans. They can recognize everything from oncoming panic attacks to seizures. They're almost more aware of us just from observing the outside than we are, feeling things from the inside!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So rocky is going back to my mom's tonight sadly. He is super hyper and my feet are just to tender. In three weeks when I get hard casts we are gonna try again. He has had to spend pretty much the whole time in the crate and I know that is just not fair to him. It has also added another thing for my dad to take care of and he has enough to do right now. I know its for the best but I am still going to miss my baby:'(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.