Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seams Maye is in heat as far as I can tell. Which is unfortunate since she is scheduled to be spayed next week. Although it does explain why Sawyer has been trying to hump her a lot these past 4-5 days, I had just assumed it was mixture of over excitement and maybe some hormones. The problem is as I wasn't expecting her to be in heat at the moment, and I dont have any doggy diapers for her, and probably wont until the end of the day tomorrow. So I was wondering what I could use for the day until I'm able to get some for her. I think we have some of my nieces (a toddler) diapers for when my parents watch her. Would those work temporarily or should I use something else.
I know my sister didn't spay her terrier mix until she was much older so I can ask her what she did for her when she was in heat. But this is also the first time I've dealt with a dog in heat so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Is she messy about it? My girl always kept herself clean on her own.

If she needs something, you could use an old pair of undies and try to adjust them on so they fit...if need be you could stick a menstrual pad inside.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I cant really say if she if she's messy or not especially since we've only had her for 3 weeks. But and old pair of underwear sounds like it would work. The problem more is that her furs longish down there and it gets stuck to the fur, which is why I don't think I noticed it until now. I do have some bath wips so that should help too.

Sigh, it sucks to since in my contract with her breeder we needed to have her spayed within a month of taking her home. But I suppose it cant really be helped at this point.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Men's boxers can be used. I've also seen people use dipers, just cut a hole for the tail. When my dane went into heat I did try these and the boxers worked best, but were a PITA. I found doggy panties at Petsmart that worked perfectly. I used human pads for them.

Reactions: Sabina88
1 - 4 of 4 Posts