Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like since I've been gone there's so many new people and/or dogs! I think these have been done before but it might be fun to do again.

Name:
Breed:
Dislikes:
Energy Level:
Food or Toy Motivated:
Biggest Training Challenge:

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Fun! I'll play!

Name: Aspen
Breed: Mix - thinking Lab x Border Collie
Favourite Things: Cheese, Kong stuffed with PB, fetch, running, hiking, cuddling, training
Dislikes: I can't think of anything that she doesn't like.. she's a very happy girl
Energy Level: Medium to high
Food or Toy Motivated: Both. Depending on the circumstance.
Biggest Training Challenge: Me. I'm so new to a lot of things that I'm always worried that I'm doing something wrong and confusing her.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Fun!

Name: Lexy
Breed: Mixed - Australian Shepherd/Catahoula Leopard Dog
Favourite Things: Hiking, napping, any sort of meat, pets/being touched in general!
Dislikes: Not much. Not thrilled with Chisum as he sometimes wants to play and she's too old for that racket. :)
Energy Level: Low/Medium (was much higher when she was younger)
Food or Toy Motivated: Food
Biggest Training Challenge: She's just set in her ways at this point, and her hearing is starting to go. But she's just inherently good 99% of the time so it's not an issue.

Name: Sophie
Breed: Terrier X
Favourite Things: Hiking, sleeping, playing fetch/tug, treats
Dislikes: Chisum!! Other dogs in her face. Having her feet touched.
Energy Level: Medium
Food or Toy Motivated: Both!
Biggest Training Challenge: She can be hard to motivate (a terrier thing, I think). She's very bright, just comes across as stubborn.

Name: Chisum
Breed: Cocker Spaniel mix
Favourite Things: Food, food, food. Chasing rabbits. Hiking. Food. Tug. Belly rubs. Food.
Dislikes: Strange people/smells/objects.
Energy Level: Medium-High
Food or Toy Motivated: Primarily food, but we're getting better at motivating with toys.
Biggest Training Challenge: Reactivity. He has an intense fear of strangers. He's a very bright dog and has a fun personality, but his fear/insecurity is a major hurdle.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Name:Yoki
Breed: Allegedly a Lab x Cane Corso mix
Favourite Things: Squirrels, Strangers, Tug, Fetch off the dock at the cottage, Climbing trees & jumping fences
Dislikes: Vacuums
Energy Level: SUPER HIGH!
Food or Toy Motivated: Definitely food!
Biggest Training Challenge: Overcoming her insanely high prey drive

·
Registered
502 Posts
Name: Reese
Breed: Border Terrier x
Favourite Things: Her crate and me
Dislikes: Almost nothing, just my roommates dog bothering her
Energy Level: Low
Biggest Training Challenge: Anything haha she has the iq of a fish

Name: Chessa
Breed: JRT/beagle
Favourite Things: Me, her ball and her bf Bentley
Dislikes: Almost all other dogs, anything that takes my attention from her, 7859783973 other things that scare her
Energy Level: medium high
Food or Toy Motivated: both
Biggest Training Challenge: Resource guarding for sure

Name: Echo
Breed: Beagle/rott
Favourite Things: Food, hunting, sniffing, food, food, sniffing, food, me
Dislikes: White cords
Energy Level: High
Food or Toy Motivated: Both unless she's outside in the woods, then neither
Biggest Training Challenge: Getting past the beagle nose to the brain that's in there

·
Registered
165 Posts
Name: Pixel
Breed: Heinz 57 -- but definitely some hunting dog/pointer mixed in
Favourite Things: hiking, the forest, playing with other dogs
Dislikes: Trams, motorcycles, strange men trying to pet her
Energy Level: Indoors - low Outdoors - HIGH
Food or Toy Motivated: Neither really, more food motivated inside and play/toy motivated outside but other dogs and interesting smells always win out
Biggest Training Challenge: her confidence and my amateur skills. She's extremely bright and learns very quickly, but has low confidence so if she can't figure out what you want within 2 attempts she gives up.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My roommate has a white cord for her laptop, and if it's out, Echo won't go near it! She's terrified of it and she's not normally scared of anything. Very strange.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Name: Stella
Breed: ACD mix with possible Catahoula or pointer
Favorite things: stolen socks, children, frisbees, going new places and meeting people, tricks, bully sticks
Dislikes: baths, dogs who get all up in her face or behave rudely
Energy level: High. She would probably go all day if she had it her way. However she's slightly settling. I've never owned a super high energy dog so she might be considered moderately high
Food or toy motivated: Food. There aren't many toys she cares about that much. Or the toys will just hype her up so much that's all she can think about
Biggest training challenge: drop it and not jumping on guests or new friends we meet. Seriously have tried training her to drop things with multiple command words for over a year and she never does it without a lure. Jumping is hard bc she gets so excited and lots of people allow or encourage her to jump.

Name: Tyrion
Breed: Maltese/Yorkie
Favorite things: annoying and chasing Stella and 'beating' her in games, snuggles and kisses, meeting new people
Dislikes: being groomed and having any part of his head touched in any way other than petting, being left out when Stella gets to go somewhere
Energy level: moderately high for such a little thing. He can chase Stella all day and still want to run or play.
Food or toy motivated: food but I've never tried toy reward training with him
Biggest training challenge: house training! (Ugh) and leash training/loose leash walking. It's so hard to train him with these things because the lines between what he can do training wise and what he can't do because of medical problems are really blurred. It appears he has trouble holding it or even knowing he has to go out downturns because it happens so suddenly. With leash training he tends to run around like a crazy head or pull and then randomly stop. So walking properly/not stopping on a walk are hard and I don't want to force him forward when he stops because I don't know if he's hurting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Name: Cookie
Breed: Havanese
Favourite Things:Toys ("Scruffy"), treats
Dislikes: Getting into trouble when shredding the garbage in the bathroom
Energy Level: Very high.
Food or Toy Motivated: I'd say both...
Biggest Training Challenge: Probably when we bring her outside and tell her to stop barking or try to get her to come inside, she just runs away like it's a game that we have to find her.
---
We had another dog before Cookie who was a Rotweiler named Tasha. She was born in 1997 or 1998.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Woo hoo - so fun! @laceyj19 you have to do yours too!

Name: Levi
Breed: Australian Shepherd
Favourite Things: Me and hubby, toys (especially frisbees), antlers, bunny fur tug toy, and other dogs.
Dislikes: Sewer grates (although we have almost totally CC'd this away!), but other than that, pretty much nothing.
Energy Level: High. He can go and go, but tremendous off-switch in the house.
Food or Toy Motivated: Both, but food is higher.
Biggest Training Challenge: Levi was trained with a lot of lured behaviors, so shaping him is more difficult and he gets frustrated, so I have to build up in lots of small increments. And loose leash walking in the presence of other dogs.

Name: Heidi
Breed: Border Collie
Favourite Things: Toys, toys, toys and Levi.
Dislikes: Pushy/rude dogs in her face/trying to mount her, any dog who tries to take her pink football, too much handling/restraining, baths.
Energy Level: High. But again, great off switch in the house.
Food or Toy Motivated: Both, but much higher for toys.
Biggest Training Challenge: Staying ahead of her in terms of training, loose leash walking, and recalls at the dog park.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Name: Zed
Breed: Miniature Schnauzer
Favorite Things: Playing with my husband, cuddling with me, his special toys, bully sticks, doggie day care, squirrels
Dislikes: dogs who get in his face, getting his beard brushed or his ears plucked
Energy Level: medium
Food or Toy Motivated: FOOD
Biggest Training Challenge: leash reactivity, but we've made big improvements

Name: Ollie
Breed: Miniature Schnauzer
Favorite Things: total mama's boy, besides me he loves Zed, belly rubs, and bird watching. He also enjoys playing at daycare.
Dislikes: nail trimming
Energy Level: medium to low
Food or Toy Motivated: FOOD
Biggest Training Challenge: none really, he's such a good boy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Name: Primo
Breed: Labrador/ English Springer Spaniel
Favorite things: hiking, playing ball, swimming, and dashing through snow!
Dislikes: Thunder, fireworks, when the fire pops too loud :eek:
Energy: inside-a couch potato outside - medium
Food or toy motivated: BOTH!
Biggest training challenge: loses interest

Name: Buddy
Breed: Husky/Labrador possibly shepherd
Favorite things: sleeping ? I'm an old man
Dislikes: Thunder, fireworks
Energy: low with occasional zummies!
Food or toy motivated: neither
Biggest training challenge: selective hearing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Name: Kobe
Breed: Spaniel mix
Favourite Things: Car rides, chasing birds, going for walks, doing tricks, and visiting his other doggy friends for playdates
Dislikes: Horses and some men
Energy Level: Medium-high
Food or Toy Motivated: Mostly food
Biggest Training Challenge: Trying to get him to be comfortable around more men (He's getting better :) )

Name: Curry
Breed: Pit Bull mix
Favourite Things: Nearly everything! :)
Dislikes: Fire hydrants (I know- kind of goofy right?! Lol)
Energy Level: Medium-high
Food or Toy Motivated: Both
Biggest Training Challenge: House breaking (He's about 13 weeks old)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Name: Sawyer
Favourite Things: Food, Food, Treats, Toys, playing with other dogs,Food:p
Dislikes: Blackberries, cleaning instruments (vacuums, brooms ect.), cars/car rides to a extent, baths, weird noises especialy if it sounds like someone came up our driveway, plastic bags, certain new objects
Energy Level: Medium low to medium highish
Food or Toy Motivated: Both but mostly food
Biggest Training Challenge: Being ok with strangers/ not going over threshold during intail meeting and not having such a hard time with kids

Name: Maye
Breed: Mini American Shepherd
Favourite Things: Food, attention, petting
Dislikes: Not getting attention, sharing attention, me touching her feet, baths, pushy dogs/overly exhuberent dogs
Energy Level: low-medium (about half way to medium)
Biggest Training Challenge: Sharing attention and not being quite so snippy when Sawyer tries to play with her

·
Registered
442 Posts
Name: Annie
Breed: Dachshund
Favourite Things: Food, beds, crawling under blankets, warmth, sleep, ear rubs- she used to like playing ball and chasing critters, but she can't see those well enough anymore
Dislikes: Cold, hard floors, wet/rain, confinement
Energy Level: Low now, was high when young
Food or Toy Motivated: Food, but only the good stuff! Used to be toys
Biggest Training Challenge: Housebreaking- all her life :(

Name: Buster
Breed: Dachshund
Favourite Things: Kids, cats, toys, swimming, sunshine, car rides, food, warm laundry, sleeping under blankets
Dislikes: Loud noises, and even some not so loud noises, handling of his feet
Energy Level: High, but good off switch inside
Food or Toy Motivated: Both! :)
Biggest Training Challenge: Impulse control, not eating things he shouldn't- like trash and cat poop

Name: Roxie (my parents', but with me a lot)
Breed: Min pin x
Favourite Things: Car rides, food, excitement
Dislikes: Nail trims :(
Biggest Training Challenge: She was my grandmoms, and is sensitive to handling because she never really did much with her, so we're still working on her not being snippy when she doesn't want something done

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Name: Tigger
Breed: Border Collie
Favourite Things: Tennis balls, food, tug toys, water bottles, hiking
Dislikes: Baths, pushy dogs, kids
Food or Toy Motivated: Both!
Biggest Training Challenge: Superstition, overly focused on the reward sometimes, too fast (or I'm too slow)

Name: Rosie
Breed: German Shepherd
Favourite Things: Tigger
Dislikes: Strange people, strange places
Biggest Training Challenge: She has some pretty serious mental issues and doesn't connect cause and effect well. Has no attention span.

Name: Angie
Breed: Mix - Chihuahua and terrier more than likely
Favourite Things: Beds, food, walks
Dislikes: People yelling, though she's deaf now, so it doesn't matter.
Biggest Training Challenge: Overcoming her previous abuse. She's very shut down emotionally, even though she seems happy. She's afraid to offer new behaviors and try new things. We don't train much now that she's 14.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Name: Torch
Breed: Rescue said retriever mix wisdom panel DNA says amstaff, cocker spaniel pomerian mix
Favorite Things: his peanut butter Kong, ripping up my mattress, chasing squirrels and sleeping
Dislikes: all bones except nylabones and elk antlers and car rides because he gets car sick
Energy Level: medium t
Biggest Training Challenge: barking and chewing and tug of war at inappropriate times such as walking

·
Registered
868 Posts
Name: Aayla
Favourite Things: Tug, Fetch, Jumping onto things, Platform training, people and dogs, agility equipment
Dislikes: Dogs Barking (including herself), Slippery Floors, Manholes, and any doggy cologne sprays
Food or Toy Motivated: Both, but more toy motivated
Biggest Training Challenge: Keeping her motivated for food or toy rewards. Sometimes she goes through commands when asked but will ignore toys/spit out all treats if there is a high enough distraction.

Name: Kota
Breed: Chow/Keeshond/????
Favourite Things: Swimming, my BF and I
Dislikes: STRANGERS, anything to do with grooming (brushing/nails/blow drying), unknown dogs
Energy Level: Very very low
Food or Toy Motivated: Neither, if I'm lucky he sometimes shows very mild interest in treats.
Biggest Training Challenge: Everything, he is reactive, fearful and aloof. I have not found a single thing to motivate him other than negative punishment. He pays attention to treats inside the house only, and wants nothing to do with me if he doesn't know what I am asking. He has no drive to figure it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.