Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. My 1.5 yr old rat-chi has recently started peeing in her diapers. She is in a diaper because she is bleeding and she HATES the crate, where she will injure herself trying to get out unless her brother is with her. They cannot be in there together right now because they are both intact.

We got them 2 weeks ago, they are being neutered next week.

Now that my disclaimer is over... She started bleeding on Friday and didn't wet the diapers at all. Since last night she won't go potty outside! Only in the diaper. We take them out every 2-3 hours. How can I get her to stop?? We don't even know when she does it because she just lays there. I'm afraid when shes done bleeding she will just pee wherever she wishes.

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Just a guess but maybe the sensation of the diaper feels weird. I'd not worry yet about what she will do when it comes off, see what happens then - if she does have accidents, address the problem then.

And - if the boy is determined, a diaper won't stop him. Could someone board him for a few days?

Also, some vets prefer to neuter females about 12 weeks after the season, when their hormones have settled. But your boy will still be fertile for a few weeks after neutering so if your girl doesn't get neutered at the same time he could still impregnate her, so just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a guess but maybe the sensation of the diaper feels weird. I'd not worry yet about what she will do when it comes off, see what happens then - if she does have accidents, address the problem then.

And - if the boy is determined, a diaper won't stop him. Could someone board him for a few days?

Also, some vets prefer to neuter females about 12 weeks after the season, when their hormones have settled. But your boy will still be fertile for a few weeks after neutering so if your girl doesn't get neutered at the same time he could still impregnate her, so just something to be aware of.
Thank you! She did have accidents before the diaper was on but I'm sure that was more due to being in a new house. We actually have them in separate sides of the house right now (thankfully) so he can't get to her. The diaper was more to save our furniture and floors from blood stains.

They are scheduled to be neutered together; but I did not know he would still be fertile for a few weeks afterward.

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
If she gets neutered too, it won't matter so much (as long as he doesn't meet any other girls outside).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts