Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a timed bowl to feed my dog on evenings when I'm away. You simply set a dial, and the lid pops open at dinner time. However, I'll return home and find the bowl full and the dog eyeing it warily. I have tried feeding her from the timer bowl the normal way, and she wolfs down the food as usual, so she will eat from the bowl. She is not a picky eater, and will immediately find and eat any food she can get to, including cat food or the food of other dogs when we visit friends. It seems like the only variable is my presence. She just won't eat from the timed bowl when I'm not there. It's the weirdest thing. I can't figure out how to get her to eat from the timed bowl when I'm not there! Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So when you are there and feed here with the timed bowl, do you also set the timer so the lid pops open?
If not: Maybe it's the popping open of the lid when you are gone that is strange to her.
Meaning, she would eat no problem if the lid was always open, but it being closed and then popping open is scary for her.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't get it. If you leave food in a bowl when you're not around, she will eat it? Because my dogs don't eat when I'm away and they don't drink as well. Sometimes they are really thirsty when I'm comming home, because they stop everything. They only sleep and/or wait.
Maybe you can feed only with this automatic bowl and with the timer, so she can get familiar with the noise from the popping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.