Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new here I found this site and thought with all you dog lovers maybe someone could help me out. One night in December I noticed my dog face looked swollen on the side of his nose near his eye. I touched it and he growled so I'm assuming it was tender. I kept an eye on him that night till we both went to bed. When I woke the next morning the bump had burst and it was oozing. Called the Vet on that Sunday and she said it was probably a cyst and to just keep it clean and make sure he doesn't irritate it. Well it never healed completely (I'm assuming combination between his allergies and him rubbing his face on the carpet) and now there is a small hole. He went to the vet and he prescribe a antibiotic for an infection and shaved the spot so I could keep it clean and he's going back next week to see how it's looking. It still oozes and doesn't look to me like it's improving. Sorry this post is so long. But would you guys take a look and see if you can give me any in sight. Thank you guys in advance for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh poor thing, did they do a culture, check his general health or discuss the possibility of a biopsy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He had blood work done in March and everything looked fine. I think a biopsy may be the next step. I've never seen anything like it so I'm just seeking answers. He also has a history of allergies and ear infections. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Sounds like your vet has it pretty well under control then. I don't know if it helps but I work with similar wounds in humans and they tend to heal well once the cause is dealt with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like your vet has it pretty well under control then. I don't know if it helps but I work with similar wounds in humans and they tend to heal well once the cause is dealt with.
Thank you! Hopefully we will get it taken care of soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's sleeping right now so he won't let me look lol
I will make sure to look in the morning.
Could a bad tooth be the cause?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts