Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
MY 4 year old German Shepherd is constantly grooming the base of his tail and around his private area. I take a look, and he has a lot of flaky skin, and it looks very sore and red and extremely irritated.
He was recently de-flead but it hasn't seemed to calm him down. I also purchased a calming plug-in, in case it was anything related to stress.

Can anyone please recommend any decent shampoos and/or creams?
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone
MY 4 year old German Shepherd is constantly grooming the base of his tail and around his private area. I take a look, and he has a lot of flaky skin, and it looks very sore and red and extremely irritated.
He was recently de-flead but it hasn't seemed to calm him down. I also purchased a calming plug-in, in case it was anything related to stress.

Thank you very much.

hi, what did you use for the flea treatment ? maybe that could be the problem..
also i would suggest a vet visit because it could be something more serious than just dry skin..
for shampoo i use zymox shampoo & rinse on my dogs on a regular basis. it is also great for dry and irritated skin....
hope your dog feels better soon..

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum..
What kind of flea treatment did you use?
What do you feed?
Does he lick his feet?
How do the inside of his ears look?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone

Thank you very much.
I think it maybe the food. I had that problem with lamb food causing dry flaky skin. What do you feed and what flea treatment do you use? You could use aloe vera to soothe the skin, just make sure it is the kind without coloring or dyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts