Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my little Molly appears to have hair on her head and a wire coat on her body. I am so confused. I thought when I was getting her I was getting a dog with hair, no shedding variety. I found out she had a rough, wire coat so I read about grooming it and the coat stripping involved. Has anyone ever heard of a dog with different coats on parts of their bodies?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Sounds like my Sophie, actually. Really soft hair on her head, super wiry (and kind of thin!) body hair.

I'll admit, though, I'm a little lazy. I comb Sophie's hair but I don't strip it or anything. For one thing, it's a bit thin anyway, and for another - as long as she's not getting matts or anything she's fine in my book.

I remember when she went from her really strange puppy hair to her adult coat, she would get matts like crazy. I had to pull those out, which was time consuming. After that, her coat became very low maintenance - it even dries quickly.

I do trim the hair on her head, partially so it doesn't get into her eyes, and also because it can get really long and kind of funky looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts