Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dog is a miniature dachshund and she stays around my mom all the time and cries sometimes. Anyone know what’s up? I posted before about my dog crying and walking weirdly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you had her checked by a vet? As I look back on the time leading up to my Golden being diagnosed with a neurological problem, I remember him following me around more than usual and getting clingy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I posted before about my dog crying and walking weirdly.
I, too, suggest you go see a vet if your dog is still walking differently, is crying often, or looks/acts uncomfortable. And I am not one of those people that runs to vets (or doctors for myself) quickly or frequently...but sometimes ya gotta do it.

I know going to a vet is not inexpensive and can be stressful, but it is probably better to go sooner, rather than wait if there is a problem with your dog. Sometimes waiting can be more expensive and stressful for the dog in the long run.

If you go to a vet, can you please update us here so we can support you as you guys figure out what is going on with your baby?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Walking differently and crying, is often a pretty good indication of pain. Dachshunds are notorious for developing spinal problems, which could certainly explain the walking differently and crying. She needs to be taken to a Vet for a diagnosis and treatment plan, the sooner the better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts