Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My almost 3 year old Portuguese water dog (a mouthy breed) uses his paws to plump up his bed or our blankets on the bed to close his mouth on and just lie there. He doesn't chew. He just sits there and breathes. Does anyone know of a toy like a doggie pacifier that could substitute for this? Has anyone made a homemade contraption to appease this need?

He is a power chewer so anything we have given him to try and substitute, he has destroyed. Kong and Bionic toys are the only things he doesn't destroy and those are mostly for tug of war with him.

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
what about a stuffing-less plush toy. I think the brand my girl has is Skinneez or something? It's basically a stuffed animal without any stuffing. I find she doesn't destroy them since there isn't the 'payout' of the stuffing. She likes to mouth and slobber them mostly.

They do have squeakers in them though (which my girl isn't interested in) but if your guy likes to rips squeakers out like my parents' dog then it's probably not as useful.

Only other thing I can think of would be a hand towel or something that you can get him to attach himself to.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I use these for my lab mix who also is a crazy strong chewer that likes to nurse on things:
Tuffy's Toys, Durable Dog Toys, Unique Pet Toys - TuffieToys.com

She likes the ones with legs, she nurses on the ends of their feet. She loves the strong stitching.

They're also the only brand of toy I've found that can stand up to my Boston Terriers, which are notorious for being able to break any stuffed animal in existence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.