Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning and my 4 1/2 yo Border rolled over on his bed to get a belly rub as he always does. His belly was wet and when he jumped off his bed I noticed he had been lying on a fairly large wet area. I did nothing to change his pattern yesterday. About 10 last night I put him out for a half hour as usual, and when I let him back in he went right to his bed as he always does.

I've never had a dog mess his bed before, so I have to assume there is something wrong???????

·
Registered
502 Posts
While it could be a symptom of an issue, sometimes dogs have accidents just like people do. If he doesn't act odd and it doesn't start happening all the time, I wouldn't worry too much. But you could always take him to the vet to be checked in case.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It might be a fluke. If it happens a few more times take him to the vet for a check up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, he did it again Monday evening when I was out for dinner, and again this morning, Tuesday after he had something to eat and water. Took him to vet and they found normal urine so suspect sphincter. Gave me a prescription to fill for medicine to make him empty his bladder???? Was expecting something like PPP. I'm going to town in the morning to talk with vet about the medication.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts