Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My family has two dogs, one of which is a 2 year old Great Dane pit mix. She's a little high strung and SUPER noise sensitive. If she hears a loud noise (guns, fireworks, lawn mower, blender, etc) she'll run and hide downstairs in my room (where she's not allowed and she knows it) or stick to my or my mom's side ilke glue. Sometimes she shakes when a noise scares her but not all the time.

However, a few weeks ago she would just start shaking and trembling for about 5-10 minutes (think that little tremble that tiny dogs sometimes do all the time) and want to sit really close to me, with no noise trigger. Which is odd because she's not a super affectionate dog.

Now tonight she's shaking again, small little trembles and has been sticking to me all night. She followed me down to my room and is cuddled up against my side right now which is SO WEIRD you guys. She finally stopped shaking and is sleeping right now but there was no noise trigger that I can pinpoint. So something else is making her shake, but I don't now if it's an outside trigger or an illness or something?

I've got a fear that she's having some miniature seizures or something because of this behavior seeking out me or my mom. But the trembles aren't rhythmic or twitchy and she's not drooling or snapping at the air like i've seen seizure dogs do. This hasn't happened very often but with the incident a few weeks ago and again tonight it's seeming like a reoccurring thing.

Anyone else have experience with large dog trembles? I feel bad for her because she's obviously freaked about something if she's trying to hide in an area of the house she knows is forbidden and cuddling with me which I know she doesn't like to do.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
If the shaking is not a result of being cold, or a fear reaction to something you can identify, you need to get her to your Vet to rule out, or in, a medical issue. Experience tells me, when they get super clingy, its usually because they do not feel well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts