Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I recently came home to my dog running from down the hallway with a stuffed animal in her mouth. I own two American Eskimos and they're 7, almost 8. In all of their lives, they have always pushed away chew toys since they were little. The stuffed animal she took was a chestnut-colored bear with a red bow. She ripped off the bow and the eyes, which she made sure to put aside and we made sure to take those away afterwards. She really loves playing with it and the only other time she's ever enjoyed something this much, was a white yarn snowball a few months ago. She also doesn't like to be watched when playing with it, and her sister shows no interest in it at all. Anyone have any idea why she picked this one? :)

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
She may prefer stuffed animal toys to regular chews, or rubber toys. My boy doesn't like any type of rubber toy, but likes stuffed one. Thing is he's particular about which stuffed animal toys he'll play with and I never know if he'll accept the one i got him or not.

Something about the smell of the bear might have caught her interest, or maybe it was the shape, or the fur, there's really no telling.

Ohhh wait, I take that back about Zody only liking stuffed animal toys, a couple years back I had a fish tank decoration, a rubbery "sea anemone", sitting on my kitchen counter. I heard Zody crying in the kitchen like he wanted something and I went to see what it was. He was staring at the anemone, and crying for it. I showed it to him telling him that he did not want it, but he got excited. I gave it to him and he ran into the living room and had a ball playing with it. I have no idea why he wanted it enough to cry for it, I've yet to figure out what he loves about them, but to this day he loves playing with the sea anemones, his collection is up to 3.... There really is no telling why a dog will decide to like something LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts