Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, Chisum wears a collar with his name and info printed on the buckle. It's cute but probably not the most durable collar around.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade him to a leather collar and will probably have tags to go with (still debating). This would especially be key if he moved with me to town as I'd probably have to display his rabies vax tag, at least.

If he wore tags, I'd want those little rubber silencers around them because I get irritated by the sound of tags jangling (and I imagine he would too). Anyone have experience with those? Do they really work if you have a couple metal tags or do they still make noise?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use one of them on my dog's metal tag. I got it at Petco. There's only one tag, but it works great. :) Not sure about multiple tags, but I imagine it would work fine? :)

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I never understood why the registration and rabies tags had to be on their collars. I never put mine on my dogs, especially considering, at least in Florida, they mean pretty much nothing. Even if something happens with your dog Animal control is still going to require you to show proof of rabies. At least here, the tags do not provide any valid information. I only have my dogs name tags on their collars. If someone wants any more information about my dogs they can contact me.

Sorry, that was kind of ranty

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I live in the country now so really am not sure what is "required" in town. I'll probably play it by ear and start with just a regular tag.
@jclark343 and @MollyDoggy - do you know the diameters of your tags? I'm not sure what "standard" size is. I've seen 3/4" and 1 1/4" inch online and am not sure if one would be too small or the other too big?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts