Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 1 year old Chinese Crested named Sookie who sleeps on my bed next to my chihuahua. They have a dog bed on my bed ... if that makes sense :p.

Yesterday i stripped our bed and washed everything as i usually do every 1 or 2 weeks. later that night when everything was clean and dry and back on my bed sookie decided to pee on it -___-

to say the least i was not very happy as i found myself stripping my bed for the second time that day. i even had to bath the dogs as they had stood in ..... oh and did i mention that they somehow managed to flick it all over my wall and pillows.
lucky for them they have backup beds as i have a habbit of buying them new ones all the time... i on the other-had i had to sleep on the hard floor with whatever blanket i could find

skip 20ish hours later with everything washed,dry and back on my bed sookie peed on my blankets again thankfully i got to it faster and cleanup was minimal but i just dont understand why she is doing this all of a sudden.

- she was/is ? fully house trained and has her own toilet inside witch she has been using for months
- she id desexed and it cant have anything to do with seperation anxiety cause i never leave the house due to my own health reasons

is it the clean sheets ??? T___T i dont know
what do i do to stop this?
i cant have her destroying all my bedding as it is i have to thow out an expensive pillow due to yesterdays incident

note she has peed on her bed once before a long time ago

·
Registered
917 Posts
She could have a UTI. And some females have spay incontinence. There could have been a new smell she didn't like and was trying to cover. Or she could be stressed/anxious and wants her smell there. Also spayed females can and do mark, it's not normally a problem but it does happen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've done this with mice: leave one piece of bedding unwashed, it might help if she is marking or trying to cover up the new scent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts