Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past two days, my dog has been extremely clingy towards me. She's always followed me around but this has been to the point where she follows me into the bathroom (even though she hates linoleum with a passion) and five minutes ago would not let me shut my door to go to bed. She usually sleeps on the couch in the spare room but tonight kept shoving her face in my door crack and then whining and scratching when I finally did shut her out. Her demeanor has also changed a little bit where she is being very snuggly and extra gentle when cuddling up to me. I don't know what's gotten into her, nothing of significance happened two days ago to make her behavior change. I'm wondering if she could be sick or something? :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ask her what she broke or where she pooped. :p She might be sick is there any other signs? Or if you've been away longer than usual could just be missing you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask her what she broke or where she pooped. :p She might be sick is there any other signs? Or if you've been away longer than usual could just be missing you.
There's no other signs that I can tell, she still wants to play all the time, eats everything and is wagging her tail all day long as usual. I actually just realized that my period is late... do you think she could be clinging to me and being extra gentle because she senses that I'm pregnant? :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
There's no other signs that I can tell, she still wants to play all the time, eats everything and is wagging her tail all day long as usual. I actually just realized that my period is late... do you think she could be clinging to me and being extra gentle because she senses that I'm pregnant? :eek:
Could be a possibility dogs definitely sense stuff like that. Maybe a hormone change could trigger it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
43 Posts
For the past two days, my dog has been extremely clingy towards me. She's always followed me around but this has been to the point where she follows me into the bathroom (even though she hates linoleum with a passion) and five minutes ago would not let me shut my door to go to bed. She usually sleeps on the couch in the spare room but tonight kept shoving her face in my door crack and then whining and scratching when I finally did shut her out. Her demeanor has also changed a little bit where she is being very snuggly and extra gentle when cuddling up to me. I don't know what's gotten into her, nothing of significance happened two days ago to make her behavior change. I'm wondering if she could be sick or something? :confused:

Before I even read further down I went "hm, I wonder if she know's that she's pregnant?!" :ponder:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I even read further down I went "hm, I wonder if she know's that she's pregnant?!" :ponder:
That's so funny! It turns out that you and my dog were correct... the doctor has confirmed it. :) I really can't believe that my dog had to tell me I'm pregnant LOL. It's actually heart warming how much she seems to care and the way she's been tenderly climbing onto my lap instead of crash landing out of nowhere like normal. Dogs are the best.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
That's so funny! It turns out that you and my dog were correct... the doctor has confirmed it. :) I really can't believe that my dog had to tell me I'm pregnant LOL. It's actually heart warming how much she seems to care and the way she's been tenderly climbing onto my lap instead of crash landing out of nowhere like normal. Dogs are the best.
Wow. Congrats first of all. And yes, you can be thankful you have a very attentive dog :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news! Adorable that she sensed it so soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts