Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

We need a little help. We have 3 great danes (3 years old, 2 years old, and 5 months) all males. All 3 of our danes have grown up together since they were puppies. The 3 year old began to get a little aggressive about a year ago so we had him fixed and ever since then there has not been a aggression at all. All 3 get along great they play all day at home and at the dog park they play great with all dogs.

So about two days ago the 2 year old and the 3 year old (neutered) started to viciously growl at one another which led to a pretty bad fight. Since that time they cannot be in the same room as each other or even be within sight of each other without trying to fight. Both dogs are pretty obedient but will ignore our commands to "stop" or "leave it" as we say which is very out of character for them.

Prior to this all 3 dogs were running and playing together like the best of friends and now the 2 act as if they are sworn enemies!!

Please help with any advice! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Whenever there is a sudden behavior change, rule out health issues first. It may be that one of them is ill or hurting, making him less patient and more grouchy.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I agree with the others. A thorough vet check with complete blood work would be a good idea. I had the exact same thing happen here. 2 of my dogs were doing great until one day they had a really bad fight and were never able to be together again. Very shortly after, it was found one of them had hypothyroidism and I am convinced that had played a part in their falling-out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.