Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Actually she was jumped on but I cannot change the title. Today my dog and I were sitting on the couch, she was sleeping and laying on her side. My mother in law's Chihuahua mix thought she heard a car door slam, she ran and jumped onto the couch and I didn't see everything that happened but I think she jumped onto my dog, where I do not know if it was her side or if she even stepped on her and just spooked my dog, but what I do know is that my dog, startled jumped up and barked, when I tried to grab her she barked at me as well, she might of just been scared. I checked her body and she seems to have no sore spots. She's sleeping right next to me now and seems to be acting decently normal. She was panting but she could just be hot (it's warm in the room and my other dog is panting). I am just worried because my dog is 11 years old, she is on joint medication and she is very delicate. She is a jack russel terrier, about 16 pounds. She and the Chihuahua are about the same size, the chi maybe a few pounds lighter. I don't know if I'm being ridiculous, but do you think she's okay? Does it sound like it would cause much damage? Again, I don't know how hard she stepped on her or even where, but it still worries me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
if there was no yelping I would think all is ok. Poor thing probably just got a huge fright and was reacting that way because it still thought ten devils were chasing it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I would say watch her for a day or two. If she does not limp, or show signs of obvious pain, she is probably ok. If you have continuing concerns, a trip to the Vet would be warranted.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know exactly how you feel!! I have two little tiny dogs for the first time in my life and sometimes they get a little too close to where people are sitting or walking and once in a while, they get clipped. I agree with others that if the dog is not crying or showing any other signs of discomfort, he's probably okay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts