Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We feel 'wet' meals - usually a stew of some sort, with water added. Our dogs lick their bowls clean twice over afterwards.

Our boy's dish feels 'clean' after, but our girl's dish feels like someone coated it in dry slime. When I wash their bowls, his is super easy to clean, but for hers I need to use a lot of soap, and really scrub it. The 'dry slime' becomes a thick gel-like texture that takes a good 5 minutes to scrub and wash away. It's horrible. :eek:

She'll occasionally lick Jav's bowl after in case he missed something, and similarly slimes that up.

Has anyone experienced this, or know why it happens? It doesn't matter what she eats - this even happened with kibble when we gave it to her. She's really healthy, and I'm stumped at this slimy-saliva that she has, it's like an evil super-power.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
She's just really excited about that bowl/food and salivating a lot while she's licking it. A bit gross but not really anything wrong. Unless she's salivating a lot all the time I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: Tuckersmom

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that it's wet after, and they both lick their bowls clean. When I go to clean her bowl it's as though the residue left on her bowl combines with water and becomes a very stubborn, hard to remove gel like texture. No friends have ever had their dog leave anything like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.