Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has developed my skin issues. She is allergic to flea bites. My vet put her on trifexus. Then I dealt with the flea problem in my home. No more fleas. Well she wouldnt stop itching. I took her to the vet and the put her on cephalexine. Well she wasnt clearing up and was progressively getting worse. I took her to the vet again. They put her on prednisone and an anti fugal medication. Stated the issue is a fungal infection on her skin. Well she has been clearing up, feeling better, not scratching or chewing on herself. And doing ALOT better.

But since she has been developing some blisters on her skin. Im not sure where these have come from. From internet research they look like vesicles. Someone help? I do plan on taking her back in for a check up but Im wondering how serious the blisters are with taking the current medication or if they should clear it up.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
welcome! have you a photo? also what food and treats do you feed your dog?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't curentry have a photo. I did have some and showed my vet. We talked and said it's bacterial. I asked her about the antibiotics. My dog wasn't taking them so u had to open the capsule and pour the powder in her food. Well my vet said that ruin the med by the time it gets digested. Last night she took the capsule. It's cephalexin.

So she told me continue to give it and make sure it's in the capsule and to give it a week. If not then I need to come back.

I feed her dry Eukanuba and wet can nutro.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I don't curentry have a photo. I did have some and showed my vet. We talked and said it's bacterial. I asked her about the antibiotics. My dog wasn't taking them so u had to open the capsule and pour the powder in her food. Well my vet said that ruin the med by the time it gets digested. Last night she took the capsule. It's cephalexin.

So she told me continue to give it and make sure it's in the capsule and to give it a week. If not then I need to come back.

I feed her dry Eukanuba and wet can nutro.
Sorry for late reply. Ok those foods arent the best at all(full of fillers by products and grains is eukanuba) and if she is having skin issues id get a better quality food eg acana, earthborn, taste of the wild, fromm, canidae, GO! NOW fresh are a few off the top of my head and you also want to use a protien she hasnt had before and do that for 8 weeks with matching treats only and nothing else.

thats not good she had bacterial skin infection i hope the meds are working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts