Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow canine parents...

I have a young female chow chow, 2 years old, which has always been healthy and very active. I had once noticed that she is almost always in a standing position and rarely sits down, she eats standing up, she is next to me standing up, etc... she pretty much sits down when she wants to sleep.

Lately, I have noticed that she would walk a few steps and very abruptly would sit down on her bum, front legs still upright. It is as if a pain is triggered in her back legs and by abruptly sitting down she resolved the pain.

She still runs like crazy in the park and at home but this abrupt sitting down movement for sure looks like something is irritating her back there.

Any observations / tips are welcomed.

Thank you!
Sheesh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had her checked by your vet yet?

Not yet... I've had a very bad experience with vets recently and I am trying to avoid them. My experience with vets is that they have no clue UNLESS it is very obvious, otherwise they are happy to recommend a myriad of tests which cost $$$$$ and still they will not be 100% sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not yet... I've had a very bad experience with vets recently and I am trying to avoid them. My experience with vets is that they have no clue UNLESS it is very obvious, otherwise they are happy to recommend a myriad of tests which cost $$$$$ and still they will not be 100% sure.
Could be arthritis..our pup has to sit from time to time but that is because he has issues with his lungs..your pup sounds like he can do everything he wants, run, jump, etc with no breathing issues so maybe its related to arthritis not sure if it can happen in a young pup but its worth checking out

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
You need a Vet to diagnose. Your bad experience with Vets, is not indicative of all Vets, by any means. Find another Vet, get some recommendations from friends, read reviews etc. to find one you can trust, but your dog needs a Vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts