Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup will just be standing there and then all of sudden he will SLAM his butt to the floor and rub it in a little. When he first started doing it I thought he was holding in a poop or something and continues to do it relatively often. Sometimes three times within a 5 minute period. Could it be his anal glands? His face is really funny and I like to joke that he's adjusting his balls haha...

I cannot find a single thing on the internet about it. Only about dogs scooting across the floor on their butts which he does not do. He doesn't whine when he does it, nor does he leave a stain.

Any idea what my dog is doing? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My puppy sometimes does this after he has eliminated - like he's wiping his butt? Is he doing this around elimination time?

·
Registered
439 Posts
That sounds like anal glands. I'd bring him to a groomer and see if they can express them. Only costs about 8-10$. All dogs have different ways to try and make their anal glands feel better. Bandit will bite at his, Sadie will rub her butt against the leg of the tv stand, and Molly scoots on the carpet. The reason you see the carpet one is it seems to be the most common. If a groomer can't get anything out of the anal glands I would take the pup to a vet to be checked for worms because that's the next most logical problem.

Reactions: Chas
1 - 4 of 4 Posts